This week our famed Heads or Tails leader Skittles has challenged us with 7 things in one category. I was ready for this!
Seven things that make a perfect Sunday – a photo history (lol!)
1. Emerging street level and recording (yet again) DD’s Favorite place EVER
2. Stopping in the middle of the street to record (yet again!!!) DS’s favorite place EVER!
3. Reliving DS’s toddler days while walking thru the M & M’s store saying “Nnnem n Nnnems mommy!” repeatedly to the odd looks of all passers by
4. Discovering that if, in fact, there is an M&M inside each of us, this is mine.
5. Discovering that although you can photograph an inanimate object dozens of times, it still fascinates you and draws you in like an old friend.
6. Having the ability to wander aimlessly, unencumbered by the children, stopping at will to view those things you find most beautiful and shoot them when the light is like butter.
7. Enjoying the fun spirit of the big city, and it’s great people.
Not to mention Nathan’s for breakfast at Penn Station, and a ride on the BRAND SPANKIN NEW double decker cars of the wonderful NJT! (crap, that makes 9 things!)
I also have to share this little tale. We have been desperately (did I say obsessively???) seeking the new Hershey bars with Dale Earnhardt on them. It’s a limited edition thing, IMPOSSIBLE TO GET (if you have them in your hometown, I will gladly buy them from you!) so the thought was, if hershey won’t come to suzy, she’ll go to hershey! A quick call to hershey’s of New York, and Yes, we have an entire display of them! (this was Thursday). Sunday brings a trip to NY JUST TO BUY HERSHEY BARS. No joke. Walk walk walk to times square to hershey (wanna see a pic of that too? Here ya go)
Now….since I KNOW there are some of you making fun of me for this weird excursion…I’ll tell you this. When I asked in the store where they were, they told me they were SOLD OUT! People coming and buying them by the case! (see, I’m not so strange!) I must have looked very sad, because they went to check with the manager to see if they would be getting them again, if I could order, whatever. Alas, it was a one time thing, not to be restocked. HOWEVER…..The manager, and yes, I will be writing to the hershey people, came down, introduced herself as the manager (it was crowded and unfortunately I missed her name) and GAVE ME the LAST TWO BARS IN THE STORE! She said they came in packs of six, did not know why she had 2 bars, she couldn’t sell them to me, apologized profusely for not having them and for my making the long trip in vain, and GAVE ME THE BARS. Now THIS is amazing customer service. I was so blown away! Nice Manager lady, if you, or any of your employees happens across this, know that you made my day. You are the perfect example of an excellent manager. 🙂
Needless to say, I can’t open them as they must be saved. Along with all the other Dale stuff. But, it made for a great story, a wonderful, relaxing day, and a renewed sense of faith in my fellow man. 🙂 Not too shabby for a Sunday in NYC!