For the holiday season, Hootin Anni has started a meme. “The Twelve Questions of Christmas” I thought this sounded like a lot of fun….so here we go:
1. Christmas is Joyous.
2. In memories, what was the best part of your Christmases past?
Being with my children…watching the wonder in their eyes.
3. Was Santa ever good to you? [describe how and what]
When my DD “discovered”, it was a sad moment for me. I love filling stockings, and always find the most unusual “fave” things from Santa. A few years ago, my DD returned the favor, by being santa to the mom (who’s stocking is always empty). It was simple, a tin of Badger hand balm that I love, and would never buy myself. The fact that “santa” knew this, and took her own money and bought it, made it one of the best gifts ever. (I still have it…although I’m sure it’s gone bad by now!)
4. Do you open gifts on Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, or both?
The kids are allowed to open one gift Christmas Eve..(selected by mom of course), the rest on Christmas Morning.
5. Is there something you make each and every year?
Along with the myriad of cookies, DD loves buckeyes. I try to make them every year for her alone.
6. What is your favorite five Christmas songs/hymns?
In no particular order:
What child is this
Go tell it on the Mountain
Celebrate me home (always makes me cry)
Children go where I send thee
7. Is there a new tradition for Christmas since your childhood days?
We make cookies, something I never did as a kid. Oh! DD would never forgive me if I forgot this. I have to have the fireplace on the tv during present opening. It’s weird, I know, but somehow it works for me.
8. Describe one of your Christmas trips.
I’m going to leave this one….since one of my most memorable “trips” was home from my father’s funeral when I was 16. 😦
9. Do you have a special Christmas outfit to wear for the day?
Ha! I just try not to have photo’s of me in my pj’s!
10. Have YOU or any of your family members sat on Santa’s lap?
Yes….all of us. 🙂 (I’ll see if I can locate THOSE photos! lol!)
11. What is/or will be on your Christmas tree this year?
We will have a live tree, which goes up the day after my birthday. All the ornaments are individual…made by me or the kids, or purchased for them each year.
12. Do you/or have you decorated your yard for Christmas?
Every year. I love lights, and door stuff…we have a lot of fun!